How Does Our NCEA and IB Tutoring Work?At Inspiration Education we take pride in our tutoring sessions, which are designed to inspire the inner genius in your child.
How does it work?
We will set you up with one of our trained tutors, who will meet you at the central library or university library. We utilise the library because it is a non-threatening environment, plus a large amount of educational material is at your fingertips.
Why the Library?
In 2010, we did a scientific experiment using the three most common tutoring locations: at home, at an office or at the library. On average, the students who received tutoring at the library received the highest grades. The reason why we do tutoring at the library is that provides an excellent tutoring environment without the distractions of home, and without the sterility of an office. Having tutoring at the library helps your child to have a focussed state of mind, have fun and be inspired.
Is it weekly or fortnightly?
We highly recommend one lesson per subject per week as the minimum frequency to achieve great results. We offer custom packages for up to as many as 5 lessons per week.
How long are the lessons?
The sessions are 55 minutes long, as this is the optimal time for a student to concentrate. However, we can arrange longer lessons on request.
We offer tutoring in Auckland, Wellington, Palmerston North, Hamilton and Christchurch.
Our tutors are so good that one lesson with us is twice as beneficial than with your standard tutor.
You can be guaranteed that you are getting top notch value for money.
We help high school students in Wellington, Hamilton, Auckland, Christchurch and Palmerston North find success by:
Teaching study habits
- Helping them hone their study skills, and better understand and apply academics
- Applying innovative tutoring techniques that kids really respond to. We connect with them in engaging ways that leave imprints
- Having an infectiously positive attitude towards your child that allows learning and communication to flow
- Mixing it up with atypical learning environments that keep them attentive and interested
- Embracing new technology like apps and web videos instead of books to convey facts and material.
Connecting on their level
We get it. Certain high school kids need a different approach. The good thing is, we’re great at figuring them out and reaching them. We have smart approaches, like:
- Utilising technology that hits home
- Finding engaging ways to learn and remember material
- Employing one-on-one tutoring sessions allowing for full individual focus, leaving no questions unasked.
- But we don’t overdo it. Part of our core goal is to allow high school students to figure their selves out and discover hidden strengths and motivations.
Our student matching process:
Free Introductory Lesson*
Our monthly packages come with a Free Introductory Session to set goals and come up with strategies to implement throughout the tutoring sessions.
*Please note the free trial lesson is only valid for tutoring during terms 1 – 3.