Why the Library?From time to time people ask us why we conduct all our tutoring at the Library. There are a number of reasons why we choose to do this over in home tutoring like other tutoring companies, but the main reason is because the library is a great place for learning.
The Science Behind the Library
In 2010, we did a scientific experiment using the three most common tutoring locations: at home, at an office or at the library. On average, the students who received tutoring at the library received the highest grades.
The reason why we do tutoring at the library is that provides an excellent tutoring environment without the distractions of home, and without the sterility of an office.
Having tutoring at the library helps your child to have a focussed state of mind, have fun and be inspired.
- Full range of resources, including NCEA study guides, books for researching with and free wifi.
- A safe, public, open environment.
- Builds independence by having the student go to a location.
- More available timeslots and more flexibility for each lesson as by having the sessions in one location, they are able to have lessons back to back.
- By going to an external venue, students feel motivated and it adds structure to their day.
- Going to the library regularly gets them into good habits for studying – they get used to studying at the library on a regular basis and are more likely to study at the library in the future.
- Some resources, but may not have available resources. Wifi.
- Safe but if parent is not present 100% – may not be a safe environment.
- May not build independence as tutoring is coming to them.
- Less available timeslots for each lesson and less flexibility as extra time is required to travel between clients’ homes.
- Being at home often makes students feel less motivated as home is usually a place for relaxation for them. External factors at home might distract them e.g. siblings, food cooking in background, wondering what’s in the fridge.
- Tutoring at home regularly gets them into the habit of studying at home, which is not conducive to good study productivity.
Try our service for yourself.
Your first free trial lesson is risk-free, meaning you are under no obligation to continue with further tuition if you are dissatisfied in any way.
See what makes Inspiration Education different by booking your first online lesson today.